Thursday, February 01, 2007
Road to MCSE
So the plan is an exam every two weeks:
- 70-270 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional (2/2)
- 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment (2/16)
- 70-291 Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure (3/2)
At this point I'll be an Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA).
- 70-293 Planning and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure (3/16)
- 70-294 Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Infrastructure (3/30)
- 70-298 Designing Security for a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network (4/13)
So if all goes well I'll be a MCSE on Windows Server 2003 by mid-April. Can I keep up the pace? I hope to - I've been working with this stuff for several years now, so the plan is to study hard for two weeks, focusing on the areas I don't use regularly. I know things will only get harder as they progress, but I'm optimistic.
Stay tuned for the results in the coming weeks....