Thursday, February 01, 2007

 

Road to MCSE

I've embarked on a eight-week journey to finally get fully Microsoft certified. I'm currently only MCP on NT4 and SMS 2003. My excuse for never upgrading from NT4 (and finishing the track) is that I was busy with graduate school. That's right, I'm like Dr. Science - I'm not a real MCSE, I just have a master's degree... in information systems!

So the plan is an exam every two weeks:

At this point I'll be an Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA).

So if all goes well I'll be a MCSE on Windows Server 2003 by mid-April. Can I keep up the pace? I hope to - I've been working with this stuff for several years now, so the plan is to study hard for two weeks, focusing on the areas I don't use regularly. I know things will only get harder as they progress, but I'm optimistic.

Stay tuned for the results in the coming weeks....


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?